The CFA® Program is a globally recognized, graduate-level curriculum that provides a strong foundation of the real-world investment analysis, portfolio management skills, and practical knowledge needed to succeed in today’s investment industry. The CFA® program is a trademark of CFA®Institute that is in Virginia, USA and candidates must take exams conducted by the institute to be eligible to hold the charter. For detailed information about the program, please visit this link www.cfainstitute.org
About CFA® Institute
- CFA Institute is a global, not-for-profit organization.
- Formerly known as AIMR, name changed in 2004.
- World’s largest association of Investment professional with over 100,000 members, and regional societies all around the world.
- CFA Institute’s mission is to lead the investment profession globally by setting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence.
About The CFA® Program
- Globally recognized, Graduate-level self study program
- Reflects a broad Candidate Body of Knowledge™ (CBOK)
- Emphasizes the highest ethical and professional standards
- Developed and continuously updated through the survey of active practitioners in countries around the world
- Organized into three levels, each culminating in a six-hour exam
- Held in over 180 locations around the world
- There is no time limit for completing the program
- There is no limit for the number of retakes
- Your exam results never expire
CFA® Program Benefits
1. Global Recognition:
- With a six-decade history of maintaining a rigorous focus on globally relevant investment knowledge, the CFA Program is the most widely known and respected investment credential in the world
2. Career Advantage:
- CFA Program is a self-study program that can be pursued along with the job.
- CFA Program focuses specifically on the practical and fundamental investment knowledge you need for a wide variety of career choices.
- Professionals already working in Finance and Investment industry can specialize, change focus, or gain greater respect through the CFA Program.
- Students planning to enter the finance or investment industry profession, CFA program serve as a strong base in their forthcoming career.
3. Practical Skills:
- Timeless knowledge and current skills you can use right away and throughout your career
- Curriculum is reviewed and updated each year by employers and practicing charter holders
- CFA Program is developed each year to include new tools, ideas, frontier concepts, and lessons to reflect the dynamic and complex nature of the global investment profession
4. What is the CFA® Charter:
- Another name for the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation, awarded after completion of the CFA program and other requirements
- It was first awarded in the year 1963
- Most respected and recognized investment credential in the world
- There are currently more than 90,000 CFA charter holders working in over 135 countries around the world
5. What does each exam level cover?
Level I – Tools
- Tools and concepts that apply to investment valuation and portfolio management
- Basic concepts regarding asset classes, securities, and markets
- CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standard of Professional Conduct
Level II – Asset Valuation
- Application of tools and concepts of investment valuation
- Industry and company analysis
- Analysis of investment vehicles and instruments
- CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct
Level III – Portfolio Management
- Management of Institutional and individual portfolios
- Management of specific asset class portfolio
- CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct\
6. Subject covered and their weights in CFA® exam
|Topic Area||Level I||Level II||Level III|
|Financial Reporting and Analysis||20||15-25||0|
Trademark Disclaimer: CFA Institute does not endorse, promote or warrant the accuracy or quality of Fintree. CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.