Even though the CFA Program is much cheaper than the typical MBA Program, it can prove to be a significant financial hurdle to many global CFA exam candidates. Putting this into consideration, the CFA Institute has provided you and everyone interested in the CFA Program globally, a chance to afford the program at a lower cost.
We strongly encourage you to apply for a scholarship as it can prove to benefit you on the financial end. Keeping this in mind, we bring to you guidelines to keep in mind while applying for CFA Program scholarships:
Prior to applying for the scholarship
- Remember that a scholarship application put forward by you, is usable in the subsequent year, if your scholarship request is accepted.
- Scholarships are not guaranteed to be accepted. Always have funds available in the event that your application gets rejected, so that you may apply for the subsequent exam.
- An accepted scholarship application does not cover the price of the hard-copy curriculum, which is priced at USD 150 and must be obtained separately during your exam registration process.
- On being convicted of not adhering to CFA Institute policies and procedures, your scholarship might get forfeited.
- Ensure that your passport is ready for exam registration, as the exam registration process will require you to enter passport details.
During the scholarship application process
- You will be asked to provide details of your assets and your annual income. This information is used by the CFA Institute to analyze your application. The details to be provided can be entered in your local currency, however, they must be annual figures.
- You will be required to provide a personal statement (in 2500 characters) on why the scholarship must be awarded to you. We recommend you to mention the financial circumstances you currently are confronting as well as any accomplishments that you have made in the spheres of your academics and/or your career; your contributions to your local community; your desire and interest in the pursuit of the CFA Charter; and any other factor which would prove to be valuable in asserting that you would be a valuable recipient to obtain the scholarship.
After applying for the scholarship
- If you application is rejected, you are offered a USD 150 discount as an offset to the standard registration fee which would be applicable during the time you receive your scholarship result.
- Failing to sit for an exam for which you were granted a scholarship makes you liable to not receive scholarships in future.
- Scholarships are not transferable and cannot be converted to cash.
- The applicable exam cannot be deferred.