What is Financial Modelling?
- Financial Modelling involves modeling Financial Data for Decision Making.
- Financial Modelling Skills are applied to a variety of scenarios like Equity Research, Mergers, and Acquisition, Project Finance, etc.
- Financial Modelling Certification at FinTree equips candidates to develop a model from scratch without using ready-made templates.
What are the Pre-requisites to Learn Financial Modelling Course?
- While building the Financial Model, you’re essentially applying Valuation Principles in a real-life scenario.
- Therefore, we recommend candidates to develop a good understanding of Equity Valuation Methodology before taking up the course.
- Those candidates who do not have any previous background and mandatory required to go through FinTree’s “Level ZeroTM” program (at no cost) before taking up Financial Modelling Certification Course.
What is the duration of the Course?
- Typically, one batch duration is roughly three months. The Certification is provided by FinTree after the completion of the batch, post which, candidates can apply to FinTree Placement Process.
- However, we operate on a club Membership model, wherein, in the same fees, the candidate is allowed to (and encourages to) attend three more (1+3) subsequent batches. Every batch we pick up models from different sectors and that provides a deeper understanding of the participants.
What is the Course Content?
We have dividend Financial Modelling Course into Four Parts:
Part I: Advanced Excel Training
In these sessions, we will start with the zero knowledge assumption and slowly build expertise up to Advance excel function like Solver, Regression Function and Goal Seek etc.
Part II: Building Financial Model Infrastructure
Like most of the other program offered in India, we do not start with pre-designed templates. We will start this session with a blank template and hard code data (Financial Statements) into Excel File. Also, in this Part, we do a walk through of Industry Research reports Macro Economic Reports from various sources. We are (most likely ) the only Training Provider to offer a hand on experience on Databases like Bloomberg and Reuters.
Part III: Forecasting
In this part, we will start identifying Revenue Drivers, Cost Drivers and start Forecasting Data. For most people, this part of the program is the Real Juice. We will also learn to prepare Debt Schedule, Working Capital Schedule, Capex Schedule and Integrate all the Schedules and Statements with each other.
Part IV: Valuation and Report Writing
In this section, we will perform the valuation of stock under consideration using DCF, Comparable and Asset-Based Approaches. The Program concludes with writing a Research Report. Typically, we invite at least 2 Guest Faculty to Conduct Sessions, one from Buy-side and other from Sell Side.
Is there any opportunity to work on live projects?
FinTree has strong classifications with many Equity Research houses in India (mostly through its alumni base).
Many candidates are provided internship/jobs right after the financial modelling course completion. Also, since we provide Financial Modelling Services to clients all around the world (though mostly from the Middle East and Africa), many time participants also get an opportunity to work on Live projects.
Where will these classes be conducted?
Financial Modelling Course is conducted only at the Pune Branch currently. However, participants from other cities and countries can always participate in Online Pre-recorded Video Lecture program.
Can this course be taken online?
You can also watch sample video tutorials here
The financial modeling classroom training is currently conducted in Pune, India only. For more information about the classroom training, contact us on +918888077722( 9AM-9PM IST ) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The online course can be purchased by clicking on the link below:
Buy the FM online course